Location: Windsor, ON
Site Supervisor coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities of a new single detached home subdivision
- Well rounded hands-on construction experience including framing, carpentry, drywall, taping, mudding, painting, and more.
- Responsible for day to day duties including material and equipment needed for site
- Scheduling of the sub-trades. Relationship Management and Communication with sub-trades, contractors, suppliers, décor studio and customers to ensure consistent flow of information with everyone involved
- Direct and supervise all on site labour as needed
- Ensuring work is completed as per specs such as drawings or other such site instructions
- Ensure all work meets or exceeds industry standards at all times
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Issuing and preparing documentation for back charges to trades and suppliers as needed
- Maintaining site safety at all times, including conducting safety meetings and site orientations with all trades
- Exceptional problem solving abilities, time management and organizational skills.
- A strong work ethic matched with the desire to be better, do more and go further.
- Skills and ability to take a multi-phased project from start to finish
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Understands the project plans, specifications and drawings
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a supervisory position within residential/commercial construction
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Building Code
- Team players with a desire to deliver top notch quality workmanship in everything they do.
- A good understanding of current construction practices
- Must be able to interpret construction drawings and be able to troubleshoot
- Highly organized with a self starting positive attitude
- Valid driver's license
- First Aid Certificate is an asset
- Completed Working from Heights Training is an asset
- High school diploma required
- College or university diploma an asset (i.e. architectural, construction management)
- Hands on Construction experience and supervision.
- Driver's License
Required license or certification:
Please email resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: HR-Site Supervisor-*First and Last name*